Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
With current trends in anti-ageing medicine moving towards less invasive techniques with minimal down-time, patients are choosing to turn back the clock with some form of rejuvenation to reduce facial wrinkles, lines and blemishes and rejuvenate the body.
Using true PRP is a reasonably new approach and is becoming highly appealing to patients seeking a more natural method of rejuvenation.
This is regeneration with your own cells and more specifically, autologous platelet-rich plasma (PRP), which is a safe and tolerable procedure. REGENERATIVE MEDICINE is the production and injection of autologous platelet rich plasma.
It is well known that platelets have many functions and are now being considered vital in collagen regeneration for cosmetic and wound healing applications.
Platelets contain important growth factors that, when secreted, are responsible for:
- Tissue regeneration and rejuvenation
- Increasing collagen production
- Recruiting other cells to the site of injury
- Initiating vascular in – growth
- Inducing cell differentiation
- Bone – mineralization
- Extra cellular matrix formation
- Non – Allergenic
- It is a ‘body own’ physiological product vs. animal derived or human donor products.
- Elimination of donor transmissible infections
- Biological Glue: for tissue adhesion especially in skin flaps, bone grafts and trauma